The Home of Updates Downloads, with Exclusive Cheats

Friday 13 October 2017

Dakingsweb: LEARNING_By_Poet.Membis_Godwin




Sometimes
This liquid of pain
Rolls down my sad cheek
Like fog on a glass cup
Reminding me of you
And the pain you caused me

But I do wipe it off
Gently and softly
Slowly and kinly
Hugging courage
As a palm-wine-tapper does to tree

I uproot
My joy that is planted in you
Like a farmer uprooting weeds
And like him I fertilize my soul
Knowing you are gone
Gone for good.

Love can't sock my handkerchief again
I am learning to be me
Learning to rule my emotions
And take my happiness into my hands

Never to waste my care
My love
And trust
On such unworthy you.

I am learning
Yes, learning
From bitterness of the past
Learning
Yes, I am learning to be me.

(c) Membis Godwin
AFRICAN BEST LYRICIST 2017

posted from Bloggeroid

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Jprinx

Popular Posts